Barley with Hazelnuts, Apricots, Honey and Chocolate
Barley has a nice, chewy texture, with grains that hold their shape. For a healthy breakfast that feels decadent, scatter bits of dark chocolate on top.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup barley
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped blanched toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup honey
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Whisk in grains. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork before serving and top with buttermilk, apricots, hazelnuts, chocolate, and honey.
Source: Whole Living