Hot Multigrain, Flaxseed & Blueberry Cereal
By adding a couple of extra ingredients to the standard 10 grain hot cereal, you can make a nutritious, filling and healthy meal. High Fiber, Lactose Free, Low Sugar, Vegan.
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal
- 2 Tbsp Org. Brown Flaxseed Meal
- 1/3 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Water
- Combine 10 grain cereal, 1 T of ground flax seed, and 1 cup of water in a microwave safe vented container. The Pampered Chef Rice cooker works wonderful with no boiling over.
- Cook on high in microwave for 5 minutes.
- Add blueberries, 1 T ground flax seed and sprinkle of cinnamon (to taste) in a serving bowl. Stir in the cooked hot cereal and enjoy!
One serving will contain at least 10 grams of fiber. While smaller, wild blueberries are great for this recipe because they have extra nutrients. Flaxseed adds a smooth, creamy texture and adding some extra uncooked flaxseeds on top enhances its nutty flavor.