Hot Quinoa Cereal
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk rice milk or milk of choice
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes - you can find these flakes in the cereal section next to the oatmeal
- pinch of sea salt
- maple syrup honey or peanut butter to top
- toppings such as toasted walnuts fresh or dried blueberries, goji berries, mulberries, sliced banana, cranberries, dried cherries, sliced strawberries, sliced peaches you name it
- In a small to medium sized saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring the almond milk to a boil.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add in the 1/3 cup quinoa flakes, the 1/4 cup goji berries and a pinch of salt, turn off the heat and give the cereal a stir.
- Let the cereal sit for 3 minutes, (set your timer here) to allow the quinoa flakes to cook through.
- Give the cereal and give it a final stir. It will be a lot thicker and creamier.
- Ladle the cereal into a bowl and top with one of your favorite toppings along with a nice drizzle of maple syrup.
- My favorite toppings are a sliced banana, dried cranberries, mulberries, and toasted walnuts. Those are my go-to toppings and I pile them on!