Breakfast Bulgur Porridge
Spoon into this hot breakfast full of protein, fiber, calcium, and vitamins d and b12.
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup medium-grind bulgur
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- sliced fresh strawberries for serving (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, bulgur, raisins, salt, and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until bulgur is tender and mixture is the consistency of oatmeal, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide between two bowls; sprinkle with brown sugar. Serve porridge warm with strawberries, if using, and milk to taste.